The bed is of a heavy casting, thoroughly aged and machined, is fitted with leveling screws. On the dovetail guide ways slides the horizontal carriage which can be clamped at any position by means of a thumbscrew. A second sliding carriage slides along a gunmetal vertical pillar fitted on the horizontal carriage. The slow motion guide bars are made of sturdy material and the motion is very smooth.
- True achromatic objective with 7.5 cm. focussing distance from object
- 10X Ramsden Eyepiece with fine cross wire
Scale and Vernier
- Horizontal scale : 20cm divided at 0.5mm interval
- Vertical scale : 15cm divided at 0.5mm interval
- Vernier scale : 50 divisions with a least count of 0.01mm